Monday 23 November 2015

Wrexham And Liverpool K.A

Loki 2nd in his first open class
We arrived at Wrexham at around 12.30pm on Saturday. For some reason they had us down for afternoon judging, which was a pain and made it a very late day. But there you go. Anyway only one class for the breed which kind of put some people off, but I entered Sammi and Loki with the hope the support will encourage them to add another class next year. Anyway I only took  Loki, and he was second to a 3 year old bitch, Debbie's Chelsey who was the automatically BOB. After judging the judge came to talk to us and told us she was honored to have such a nice class of GSD's entered under her. Nice yeah! She also informed me that her husband had preferred Loki to her BOB. Wonder if he Judges??? lol. Anyway I did remind her that she had given Sammi a Group 2 earlier in the year, and told her she was entered, but I was too precious about her to show her out of coat!
As is often the case for the GSD's, under a different judge Chelsey was unplaced in the group!
Loki in the group at Liverpool
Sunday was an earlier start with judging at 10am. Again Ian was kind enough to give me a lift so there was only room for Loki (sharing the crate with his sister Bella -- and Sammi is honestly out of coat so I didn't feel too disappointed about not taking her!) Sunday was Loki's day, going BOB in the morning and Group 3 under a different judge in the afternoon. I'm so chuffed with him, he never lets me down! He how has 15 points toward his Show certificate of merit, and those elusive group points that we struggled so hard to get with Mikey are already in the bag!
A well respect GSD judge is on the committee of this show society, and I respect his opinion greatly, but I did giggle when he said that Loki needs to grow into his head! To be honest I don't see it, I think he's quite in proportion for his age, but at one point we were waiting for his head to catch up with body!
Anyway, my head is a little cabbaged today, but it was all so worth it. It will be a walks this morning then a lazy day ahead I think!