Wednesday 18 November 2015

Those Puppies

I couldn't sleep last night for thinking of those poor puppies. Maybe I should be less judgmental, people do make poor decisions daily which result in these kind of consequences. In the past "breeder" use to to do things like this on purpose!!! The pups are here now, it's not their fault and doing right by them is paramount.  In their shoes would I have been able to put them to sleep? Oh hell I doubt it very much.
I was told last night that they will be asking £200 for the pups. Quarter of the price of a well bred litter these days! I really do understand the need to ask a fee, but I hope they will be flexible. Sometimes a fantastic home is available where funds are limited. People who would give up their dinner to feed their dog, but don't have £200 at the ready!
I worry the breeder will not cope, between Xmas and New Year they will have 9 puppies running around their living room. They have children, they
Enya, Ziva, Jezi and Danni - Xmas 2011
have a disabled sister living with them .. and there's no easy way of saying it, unless they have thought it through, 9 puppies will be pissing and shitting all over their house!(I know they do not have a spare room) What will they do if they can't cope? I prey to god they won't put them out in a shed or something! Then of course early in the new year they will need to sell them, again I ask the question, how easy will it be to sell these puppies to kind loving homes? What if at 4 months old they are left with half the litter? It can happen, I've been there with the sisters, we loved them to bits, but it was hell on earth and Jezi's character was affected by it. The fights were horrendous but at least we had a way of separating them and plenty of time and space to exercise them.
Shit I don't need this right now, they are not my responsibility, neither are they Ian and Tracy's but we all feel a responsibility towards them. I'm so worried about it all, what the hell will become of them?