Sunday 1 November 2015

That Splodge

At some point during the last year I noticed that Loki had a patch of different coloured hair growing on the back of his left ear. I didn't really think much of it, and to be honest I still don't, but it is odd. Not only is it a different colour, but different length, and texture too. Like I said I didn't really pay much attention to it, but now others in the GSD world are starting to notice it and comment on it. It seems no one else has come across it in their dogs either. Last night I decided to look to see when it could first be seen, quite difficult really as you don't take photos of the back of your dog's head do you? But bloody hell because of the position of his ear at the time I found it! Photos taken a year to the day - 1/11/14 in Ann Bean's garden! It's very faint but it can be seen in all the photos taken that day! His ear carriage was different after this so it would have been hidden. God knows when I first noticed it but he would have been a lot older.


See what I mean, it's no big deal, but it is there. 
Does it make him unique? .. Na, maybe just odd!