Thursday 6 November 2014

Things And Thoughts ...

The Early days -
My special friend Grani at Freshfields
Times are hard at the moment, the affects of the sadness at work haunt me at home. I try to be calm and relaxed, but find myself irritable and emotional. After almost 12 years I never thought it would come to this, but a new brush sweeps clean and all that eh!!! So the CV is done and sent to numerous places, I've mailed friends with businesses and friends without ... just incase. I know this won't be easy, with Steve's deteriorating health and the benefits he receives I'm restricted by law to working a max of 15 hrs. The 13 I use to do at Freshfields did keep the wolf from the door; but now with my hours cut we could manage if we tighten our belts, but my job has changed and physically I can't do it. My knee has been great for the last 18 months - 2 years, but it can't take this and now I'm back in constant pain and I'm even finding it hard to drive. (I have massages booked with Mr S for the next two nights so I can hopefully get to my shows at the week-end!) I appreciate so much that Lesley has tried to help me, and despite some horrendous ding-dongs over the years she is very much my friend, but sadly it's no longer her call! That I guess is the heartbreaking part of it, I've given my best to Freshfields, I'm no academic but my heart was there so I gave my all. Now I'm heartbroken, and I can't wait to get away .....
Ziva with her new family
As Winter closes in I start to fear it. Winter in Fron can be scary. I don't like the rain, but we cope, I love the snow and the crisp cold days, but this bloody wind .... I don't like it and I fear it! I can't help but turn the clock back 12 months. Ziva was 2 and a half weeks pregnant, I didn't know that she was pregnant then, I just hoped. I happily coped through the Winter storm as the weeks went on and it became more obvious that babies were indeed on the way. I hadn't told Steve what the due dates where, and as we had left them too it really they had mated 3 times, on the Monday, Tuesday and the Thursday. Puppies where due between the 23rd and 26th of December, what was the chance of no Christmas dinner?? Ziva went into labour around 7pm on the 23rd of December, and the first pup was born at 7.50pm. Sammi was the last to arrive, in a hurry from the beginning of her life she arrived minutes after her brother at 12.25am. The best Xmas present ever! As the majority of the litter were born on the 23rd (4 of them) that is there official birthday, but I will never forget that Sammi Belle made her entrance into the world on Xmas Eve 2013!
Beautiful Sammi Belle

So now it's November 2014 and I have 2 puppies here .... that I could never have predicted! They are both wonderful characters, though even at this early date Loki's better behaved than Sammi! Sammi is without doubt a naughty, mischievous individual, but she continues to make me smile every day of her life. She's so funny, and so beautiful, what a character. I'm so blessed to have her in my life, she's the 6th generation of Blanik bitches .... I do hope health tests provided she's the mother of the 7th generation!
Kai
There is no doubt that generally male GSD's are easier than females. The males are definitely more trainable, more obedient ... but honestly less intelligent. The girls are devious, they think more, question things ... the boys are happier to oblige. If you haven't lived with a clever female then you really haven't experience what I mean. I've had Seffe, Krizzie, Tali, Jezi and now Sammi .... all with in my opinion above average intelligence. Asha is sweet and kind, what you see is what you get, Ziva is a little cunning, but basically the most obedient dog here and doesn't really have the deviousness of the others. I guess Kai was a bit of an exception as far as my males are concerned ... now that was an intelligent male. But really the others from Blade, Louis, Mikey through to Nico have all been very trainable and much more biddable than the bitches, and I guess a tad  goofy really! (with the exception of Blade, who could be a hard)
Baby Loki
So now we are back from shopping, it's Aldi these days, we can't afford Tesco! But really who cares, we survive! We called in to see my Dad on the way home and it went really well with Loki, he was happy and relaxed and thought my dad was just there to give him biscuits! I wonder what it is about Annie Bean's kitchen that unnerves him so much? His second vacs is booked for next week ... then it'll be anywhere and everywhere!!!