Tuesday 25 November 2014

Poorly Pooches

Well all our immediate plans will now have to go on hold .... 4 of the young dogs are coughing. Sammi and Loki were the first to start on Sunday with Jezi and Ziva joining in yesterday. Sammi symptoms are very something and nothing, though poor Loki is coughing quite badly. Poor Jezi is also suffering a little with the cough and Ziva is gagging up flem. None of the dogs seem bothered by their symptoms and life carries on as normal with just coughs and splutters in between the games. I have to say I feel so sorry for Loki who's coughing like a little horse, but the most revolting part for me has been the candles of snot flying out of Sammi's nose, I can cope with most things in life, but not Snot! (Excuse the turn of phrase!!!) At the moment I have no intention of going to the vets with any of them, but I will keep an extra eye on Loki as his immunity may not be quite fully developed. Kennel cough is often no more than a highly contagious common cold, it's rarely serious but an extra eye must be kept on the young and the old!
Tali has been to the vets today, she is having a similar spell to the one she had a year ago with reoccurring diarrhea. She's fine for about three weeks and then it happens again. I've wormed her, I've tried adding tree bark in live yogurt to her food and even acidophilus, but still things don't settle. She is back down to 27kg, so 3kg under her normal weight. Roger the vet couldn't find any abnormalities and felt due to the pattern it was not a pancreatic problem, more likely IBS, thank god. He suggest we change her food to a different source of protein and we also have a poo pot to make a collection if we need it! 
Tali

Little Guy's Big Trip Out
Loki has walked down the track on the lead just the once, but with trips out now cancelled we decided to go on a big adventure with Uncle Mikey. He loved hi walk across the back and was very well behaved. Now we walk this way everyday and have done for almost 20 years, well actually I go twice a day and I never see anyone, but today on Loki's first trip out what happens?  A dog comes over the wall and goes flying over to Loki, I grabbed Mikey by the collar but I swear had the dog attacked Loki I would have let go of Mikey! The dog sniffed Loki and turned to run away but Loki decided to chase him... all this time I was hanging on to a bouncing Mikey! Luckily it cleared the wall and went back were it came from. Yeah Ok, what could have been is scary, but it was really another "kind of Ok" experience for us, just hope the dog doesn't now start coughing!!

"Who Lives In a House Like This?"
"Ooops How Do I Get Out Of This Ditch?"

Work
The new job is going well, it's a bit hectic with spot on time keeping being an important factor. So yeah something else that appeals to me. I'm always accused of clock watching and I love the challenge of working to a tight schedule and beating the clock.
On Sunday I'm running my last dog show for Freshfields ... I know there are a lot of dogs shows clashing but I do hope for support for my last of these charity events. Maybe there will tears again from Mrs S eh ... ah well ... onward and forward ... Yes, Yes ... I know!!!!!!!