Thursday 27 November 2014

All Grown Up

But she hasn't half kept us waiting, finally Sammi is in season. Over the last week or so we've know things were brewing, since about last Friday we'd noticed that she has been paying a bit more attention to herself. (so to speak!) Yesterday evening her behaviour was strange, she seemed nervous and unsettled, which is really out of character for her. To be honest at one point she wouldn't even come to me, I actually said to Steve that she was sulking with me for being away all day. (Humanising I know but from leaving at 7 am I didn't get home till almost 4pm :( )  I didn't make anything of it, it has never happened before and these things are best forgotten or they escalate. Anyway for the first time last night on his way to bed Nico stopped to "speak" to her and he was obviously flirty ... that was I guess when I really knew the season was imminent, and of course this morning there is no doubts.
Sammi has been quite late coming in, though she looks pretty mature for her age there had been no earlier signs of a season. I guess she's not the oldest I've had here, Lia and Asha were both 13 months but 8 to 9 months has been the "norm."  Anyway I can't complain, she couldn't have timed it any better ... no shows now till January!!!