Wednesday 12 November 2014

The Times They Are A Changing

After almost 12 years of working in Animal Rescue today I handed in my notice. Mixed emotions of course! I'm excited about the new venture/job ... but sad that I feel I had to leave my current job; truth is with the new regime I feel there is no room for me at the inn, I do feel pushed out, but hand on heart I don't want to stay there either! Times have changed and I'm going to be heartbroken to leave my friends, both four and two legged. I wish I could bring Scamp home with me, and I worry about his future, but he's not safe around cats and my cats have to be my priority. Of course I'll be running the dog show on the 30th ... I could never let Lesley down. She and the charity mean far too much to me for me to let them down in that way ....
Moving on ...
Loki went for his second jab today. I was delighted with his behaviour at the vets, his confidence is building up a treat. Rachel the vet gave him a thorough examination and weighed him ... he was 9.19kg with his toes stick out of the puppy scales...haha. (That's almost a KG heavier than Sammi was at the same age... not so weedy anymore!!!) Bless him he stood perfectly still on the table, tail wagging and chomping on my thumb as well as his biscuits! I guess his motto in life is "Anything for a biscuit!"
Whilst I was there I booked Junior in to be neutered, next Wednesday is "Ballsoff Day!!!" I've never been so nervous or hesitant about booking in a cat to be neutered, I've been putting it off because I just keep thinking about Riley. I guess next Wednesday is a big day all round then, ballsoff day and my last day at Freshfields.