Wednesday 19 November 2014

Ballsoffday!

This morning I've dropped my young man off at Cibyn vets for his Op. I was horrified to discover the admissions vet was "Him!" (You know the one who wanted to refer Sammi as the prognosis was poor.) Well I thought, nothing can go wrong when he's just admitting an animal ... can it? I decided to be polite and pleasant, after all, I doubt he'll remember our previous encounter (s). It started well, "waw what a big cat .. he's huge for six months!" Well, I said, he is a little older, he was born at the beginning of April. "Right he said, still a big cat!" He asked if everything was OK with Junior? I said great other than Junior was pissed at not having his breakfast. After examining him he put him on the scales and said 3.3 kg. So I jumped in ..."That's ok, isn't it." Maybe it was my attitude but he answered quite sharply ... "I didn't say he was fat ... just big!"  As I thought to myself, this guy really has an attitude problem he picked Junior up in his arms, told him how beautiful he was and discussed with him how disgusting it was that he hadn't had his breakfast. He chatted to him about how after sleep there should always be breakfast ... then he passed him over to me and told me to ring between 2 and 3pm. 
Now this is my dilema, I really don't like this guy. Maybe his sharpness and lack of tact is a language problem, I guess we can all express ourselves better in our mother tongue, sadly I don't speak his language! But he does seem to really have a lovely way with the animals, Junior was relaxed and happy in his arms, how many other vets would pick up the cat and chat to them, oblivious that the owner is listening?  I'll never forget either how lovely he was with a poorly Kai in his consultation, and how lovely he was with him at the end ... It's all so confusing, this guy really does have some very important good points. Would I see him again? If I had to, yes, but not from choice!