Saturday 29 March 2014

Stud Dog?

Last night I had a call from a lady wanting to use my dog at stud. After saying how beautiful he was and how ideal he would be for her bitch she referred to him as "Urses." I got suspicious and told her I didn't have a dog of that name. I tried to give her chance to come up with the name but she was unable too. I told her I have two dogs, Danko and Georgios ... she apologised and said it was "Danko" (Nico) that she was interested in. She then went on to tell me that the bitch was booked in for Hip Scoring next month, I told her she would need to do the elbows as well. But then she told me the bitch wasn't KC registered. I asked her if she had a pedigree for the bitch, she didn't know what that was! I ask her why she should want to breed from an unregistered bitch? She said because she has a lovely character, everyone loves her and she wants a pup out of her. I tried to explain that as she had no history for her and knew nothing of any hereditary conditions that could be in the pedigree that this would be unwise. She said but I'm having her hip scored ... I explained there was so much more to it than hips and told her about haemophilia and epilepsy ... she said she would have the bitch tested for those too ... I then took the time to explained why that wasn't possible. She was a very pleasant lady who thanked me for my time and advice; but I have since found out that she has now contacted another person involved in the breed, she also and for the same reasons said NO! So obviously I wasted my time, not a word of what I said has made a difference!