Monday 10 March 2014

Great News

Today we where back at the vets with Sammi, whilst waiting for our appointment we saw the senior partner was also on duty. Though our appointment was not with her, I nicely asked at reception if she could see us? Thankfully she did. She struggled to give an energetic OTT Sammi an examination and found that she was responding in every way that she should be. I'm so pleased, delighted, over the moon, all the feeling has returned to her legs and feet and she is not showing any sign of pain.
Sadly I did feel the need to make a complaint about the other vet and his negative manner. I consider myself pretty easy going but in this case I felt it only right to speak my mind, he shattered me on Friday with his talk of "referals" and "poor prognosis;" I was honestly distraught and came home thinking I was going to loose my baby. I do appreciate that she did look in a bad way and her mobility was very poor, but  he didn't even give me a glimmer of hope for the future.
So now we are back on track ... well almost. She suggest we exercise her alone for a while. (Which really mainly we did already)10 mins in the bottom field 3 or 4 times a day would be great to get rid of some energy ... but obviously no bouncing off the furniture or wrestling with her mum for a while yet! I feel we may still have our hands full convincing her to be keep a little calmer .. Wish us luck!