Wednesday 19 March 2014

Kai 31/7/05 - 19/3/12

This year It's not really a sad day, it's a day to celebrate his life, a day to remember with love the huge presence that was Kaiser Vom Conbhairean! Those people who have just bought puppies from me will be lucky enough to have him in their pedigrees, but they did not have the privilege of "knowing" him. Therefore I would like to tell you just a little about him.
Kaiser, or Kai to his friends came into our lives as adult early in 2008, he was a huge dog in every way. Not only did he stand at 69cm at the wither but he also had the personality to match! He was a fun loving dog with a huge coat who stood upright and proud, he oozed self confidence and feared nothing. Kai was never the cause of any trouble here, but by his sheer presence the other males feared him. He was playful with the girls and wonderful with his children, having a strong bond with both his daughters Asha and Maya.
Kai was mostly very obedient, got on with the cats and would "leave" the sheep alone on his walks. Though we did show him, his size often went against him, I guess it was never possible to hide those extra cms. (Maximum size for a male is 65cm) Though some judges did admire him and he did have several BOB, we realised he would never be a top winner and when his children started stealing the limelight we showed him sparingly.
Kai was without doubt the cleverest male  I have ever owned, he was strong willed and very vocal; but with me he was willing to please and was cuddly and affectionate. I always knew that should a situation ever arise my life I would be safe in his hands ... I knew he would give me his all.
Without doubt one of the best decisions ever made was to bring a Conbhairean dog to Blanik. Their principals and ethical breeding shine through in their dogs and their bloodlines have proved to improve on ours.


RIP my beautiful big dog, you gave us so much, we will never forget you. I said it then and I still say it now,  Kaiser, you were one "awesome" dog!
You Have Been Loved
I thought I could write this without crying ... I was wrong!!!!!