Friday 21 March 2014

Mixed Feelings

Last night we went to Ring Craft. Having been a member of this club for over 25 years it's hard to see thing there the way they are now. The place use to be heaving, lots of dogs and handlers and a happy relaxed atmosphere.Where have all the good guys gone eh? Oh don't get me wrong some of them are still there fighting the corner, but it seems many have found alternatives! The membership has dwindled to a handful and it was sad to hear of the clique that now rules the roost. 
I didn't expect to be greeted with open arms, (though others were) a hello would have been great but to be totally ignored was in my opinion uncalled for and actually quite hurtful. What have I done to justify this? Well hand on heart, I've no idea! Peoples lives move on and I stopped going (haven't been in a year) Was that enough cause for the cold shoulder? 
So where does this leave me? Well hell, I don't want to go back, and like most of my friends have discovered, there are alternatives!
On a good note, Sammi loved it there and met her first real boyfriend. At 6 months old he was quite the older man, but she was smitten with her Welsh Terrier boyfriend! We tried endlessly to get a decent picture, but when your puppy is like a kangaroo on the end of the lead, it's really quite difficult. Yes I could be hard on her ... but what is the point in that? I love her outgoing, confident OTT character. I love who she is and the "stand" will come with time! Anyway with the last click of the camera we got this, not perfect, but not too bad me thinks!!!!