Saturday 7 December 2013

Reservations

For the first time ever I decided to join the current century and advertise the pending litter on internet sites. I knew I would have to be careful, but it seems this is now the first port of call when someone is looking for a pup. Within 24 hrs I had interest ....
The first lady was after a bitch, I sent her my spiel and was very happy with her replies. Definitely a home to consider and she went onto the waiting list.  A dog puppy was then booked to a show home, but a show home like ours where the dogs sleep on the sofa and not in a kennel. I could not face thinking of one of my babies living in a kennel, pets first and what happens in the ring is just a bonus! The next enquiry got my hackles up, he would not be going on my waiting list .. and I have a feeling that he has contacted me before, but with a memory like a goldfish I can't swear on that!
A local gentleman who had contacted me before I knew Ziva was pregnant came to visit her, Nico and the family mid week. He was as taken by the dogs as they were by him. Tali, who can often be quite aloof was particularly taken by him and demanded most of the attention. To see him sat on the floor with the dogs, to see the way he was around them gave me great comfort for the future of his pup. On their invitation Steve and I will visit the home in the New Year.
I have also received another couple of enquirers, one has not replied to my basic list of questions, the other leaves me a little unsure on their suitability. But I will not dismiss them without doing my homework. Along with a possibility of one going to live with another "Blanik" and of course my own choice of pup/puppies things are looking quite promising. Of course nothing is set in stone, I don't want to tempt fate so I don't take deposits until the pups are safely in the world and hopefully thriving. So basically until then we all have a get out clause! Here's now hoping for a stress free birth and happy healthy puppies.