Saturday 21 December 2013

Daddy's Girl

Asha and Tali
Last night I was chatting to Karen who owns Tali's dad, Rangemore Arko. She was telling me ... "the old boy is now almost 12 years old. Can't believe it. He's still a cocky bugger! Very deaf and very stubborn but very happy! Had scare few months ago cos he just went completely off his legs. I really thought that that was it and was terrified about taking him to vets. However he'd somehow slipped a disc! We were told to rest him and he'd be fine - must admit I was dubious about him getting better cos he was so bad, but he did thank god!"
Well now we know where she's get it from, Tali is stubborn, head strong and very very confident. After Louis being a  sweetness and delight kind of guy, Tali was quite hard to take too as a puppy. For a period I did refer to her as the puppy from hell, she was very aloof, always up to no good and very much her own person. Without doubt she is very very intelligent, the clever ones are always more difficult aren't they. Tali has definitely mellowed with age and can be quite affectionate these days. Though she is still very much in charge of her pack!
Tali adores her Kids, Asha and Mikey are her world and she was/is just the best mother. She still plays with both, but  always  favours Asha. Asha herself is a sweetheart, confident but gentle, kind and pretty obedient. Sadly she had to have a caesarean birth and is not as dedicated to her own daughters; it is often said that bypassing the bond formed by natural birth does affect the maternal instincts. I must agree, I have found this a drawback of caesarean births as Seffe was the same!
Ziva - Oct 2013
I hope that Ziva has a natural birth, I honestly feel there is nothing better for the bitch and the pups. Her troops are definitely getting restless and due to her full abdomen Ziva thought of leaving her breakfast this morning, but then reconsidered. ate it and went off to find the recycling! There is some obvious activity in her abdomen now, especially in the evenings. It's fascinating to watch the abdominal movement as the little ones prepare for their arrival. I can't wait to get it over and done with now, I get so tense. I just want Ziva and everybody else here and safe and well ......