Wednesday 20 June 2012

Yesterday

Jezi - showing off her rosettes
Today I'm officially pooped! All I can say is thank god Jezi didn't get Group 1, it would have killed me to go back today, but she was only 2 dogs away from that honor.
Ziva did very well yesterday, but I think the breed judges approach and confidence helped her tremendously. I'm still not sure whether to give up on the idea of showing her, she's so lovely but at the moment she just doesn't seem to be enjoying it. The dog I see in the show ring is not the dog i know!
Which leads me nicely onto Mikey Mikey. I was truly embarrassed by his behaviour in and out of the ring yesterday. Excuse my language but he behaved uncharacteristically like an arse!! After showing the girls I went back to the van to get him. He had been left in the side cage as it's bigger. Not only had the thrown his water bowl but he'd dragged 2 full 4pt bottles of water and a big roll of kitchen paper into his section and had shredded the lot. The pen was not only flooded but also looked like there had been a snow storm. I can only think that he'd had a temper tantrum at being left alone whilst the girls were in the ring, anyway without doubt he will be travelling in the back cage next time!
Jezi in the Puppy Pastoral group
His behaviour in the ring did not improve either. He was on his toes the whole time, screaming, pulling and leaping around like an idiot! Twice he almost pulled me out of the ring under the rope. And his problem was? He wanted to be with the girls! So the plan of action for the next show on the 30th is they go well out of the way before he goes in the ring!
What a dog...don't you just love him? Yeah!