Saturday 23 June 2012

Mixed Feelings


I was having a lovely day at the BMD welfare companion show. Ziva had won Junior and seemed to really be enjoy her day. Jezi, though unplaced in Puppy hadn't put a foot wrong and Finlay had won Best Rescue. Finlay and I were waiting for his turn in the veteran class and chatting away to another exhibitor when she piped up, "you've been the butt of the joke between me and my mate for showing that male ... because you hate whites and long coats don't you!"
Apparently (and she told me this) "her" and her mate have had a damn good laugh because I supported and got BIS at The White and Long coat Rally with Finlay, and I'm a hypocrite because I have always said I HATE WHITES!
I have NEVER said I hate whites or Long coats, I love long coats but I'm just too lazy to look after the coat. Yeah it's no secret, I'm not a huge fan of whites/non standard colours but I love MY dog and were rescue is concerned colour simply doesn't come into it. Finlay is part of my family and I WILL take him to companion shows and rally's, he deserves his days out too!!
Yes I am pissed off with her, but having know her for almost 25 years I expect nothing better from her or her friend!
Anyway getting a 1st in the veteran class with Finlay and her being unplaced gave me satisfaction beyond compare!!!!