Monday 25 June 2012

Thinking About Thinking

Jezi has now been to 5 shows, and give or take a few jitters from both of us at the first one, she hasn't put a foot wrong either in or out of the ring. Yet when I take her to the hall for Ring Craft training she behaves so badly. She growls and barks at other dogs and generally behaves in a scatty manner. So what do I do for the best?  I could carry on taking her there to get use to the hall, but I fear the risk of her going backwards is too great for me; I feel I should just forget formal ring craft training and carry on with the training by attending as many companion shows as possible. I think the latter appeals to me more and I think at the moment it's a more sensible plan of action.
Then there's Ziva, she seems to like the hall but still has issues with being gone over. Saturday proved the point that anyone can do anything to her when she's not in a show stance. When she's stood up unpleasant memories seem to come flooding back! On saying that, last weeks shows were a great success as far as her behaviour in the ring is concerned, and her attitude on Saturday was just great! She actually seemed to have a good time in and out of the ring.
I think I will take Ziva back to dog club, at least the once to see how she gets on. If she's not a happy bunny then we'll forget it all and just do the teaching at the shows.
Funny, this time last year Asha had just been mated and the nail biting wait for the "H" litter was on, Now my brain is planing the future and the "Blanik I" litter who will surely arrive someday in the next year or two. Hip scores first this Summer and then decisions decisions !