Sunday 10 June 2012

Making The Right Decision

Beautiful Puppy Danni
It's been a hard few months. Our love for Danni was unconditional and we have both been heartbroken to loose her. As a Tinie T she was always a bit of a favourite with both of us. I can honestly say I'd never seen such a pretty puppy in a Blanik whelping box, but her nature sold her to us even more! Danni was such a sweet baby, a real cuddle bum who loved everyone. When the right home didn't come for her we both hoped she could stay... but sadly and sensibly it was not to be!
As babies Ziva and Danni filled my eyes with expectations, Jezi on the other hand never caught my eye, well not for the right reasons anyway! (She was the one who managed to get out of the whelping box at 2 weeks and a day old ... I should have sensed trouble then!!!) I don't mean to be harsh, but Jezi was a very plain puppy who just kind of blended in. But then one day at around 6-7 weeks of age I "Saw" her, and saw her mother in her. With my decision made to keep Ziva, Jezi became my second pick and Danni was my third. A spanner was thrown in the works when at 8 weeks the owner of the sire of litter paid a visit and preferred Danni to Jezi. But after some thought I decided to stick to my guns and keep Ziva and Jezi as in my opinion they had the most show potential.
Ziva
But it was not an easy ride and Jezi made it very hard for us to love her. She had total respect for the adults within the family but her aggression towards her sisters was a nightmare. She was aloof with us and went through a very strange fear period at around 5-8 months old were she was nervous of visitors and barked nervously at everyone she met. As the situation came to a head surprisingly a home was offered for Danni.  Finally nice people, someone we felt we could trust with our precious baby. Danni was off to Derby.

Jezi

Was it the right decision? As hard as it was at the time it was without doubt the best decision for all concerned. Danni is spoilt rotten, again she's the apple of someones eye and rightly so! And Jezi? Well she's like a different dog. We've had no trouble with her at all since the day Danni left, she's almost had a personality transplant. She's now full of fun, affectionate and at times even cuddly! Without doubt, like grandparents Tali and Kai, Jezi is a very very intelligent individual. I see a lot of both in her expressions and behaviour. She doesn't simply obey, she questions it and considers what would benefit her in the situation? Ziva on the other hand is a lot more like Louis, goofy, affectionate and desperate to please. Both are such individuals in looks and character, but they always say don't they that it's the clever ones who give you the most trouble. Without doubt, Ziva has been easy to love but Jezi has made me work for it!