Monday 4 June 2012

Sulking

Last night during our phone call Gary suggested I should learn to feed Louis with my head and not my heart. He advised me to feed him on the GSD food and boiled water only. Louis loves his biscuits at bed time but apparently the wheat kernels are not removed from biscuits they are simply crushed into them. Gary advices keeping him off anything that contain wheat kernels. Gary also feels that the campylobacter has done damage to the lining of the gut and he now has a digestive track similar to a new born puppy, therefore no tinned meat either. In fairness he has only confirmed everything that Gill Hubbard has already told me. But here comes my problem...
Louis is a fussy little shit and always has been. Last night I did as Gary suggested and put some kibble in his crate for him instead of a biscuit at bed time. I think the photo is self explanatory ... Louis was not a happy bunny!
This morning as advised I warmed the food slightly in the microwave ... Louis showed no interest in it. "No meat, no eat." So here is the predicament; Louis needs his pils, but they are to be taken with food and he refuses to eat the kibble alone. The meat is probably not helping his digestive track to heal but without it he will not eat... so what do I do? Give in...that's what I did. I added a spoonful or two to his food and he gulped it down, medication and all! Here's hoping it was the right thing to do!