Tuesday 19 April 2011

Not Just Me Then....

I'm posting this note which a friend wrote on facebook, I could not have said it any better.....and thanks Jules for letting me re-post it.

To Whom This May Concern :
Earlier this evening ~ I received a personal message from a "friend," that expressed dismay over my GM statuses. As they have increased in frequency, they were "annoying" this "friend." I was being "forewarned" that I was about to be put on hide, if I did not scale back.
WELL, EXCUSE ME ....
I said my peace to this friend ~ but, certainly did not apologize for my actions or lack in judgment. I do not take highly to the "threat" of being placed on hide within someone's newsfeed ...Please ~ go for the juggler, delete me ~ do us both a favor.
After debating this message ~ I thought others could be feeling the same way. Once again, I am not offering an apology for placing statuses that are important to myself and to some of my friends ~ however, I do want those that feel my statuses are "clogging" up your newsfeeds OR you are just plain 'ole sick and tired of looking at anything "GM." If you are unable to just pass them on by ... or, you feel frustrated by them ... please ~ save yourself the aggravation and just simply delete our friendship. I would truly understand.
I am far beyond my years to be a teenage fanatic ... I am not a "hopeless cause" ... I do not live in a dreamworld ... nor, do I need to grow up. Besides the fact, that I thoroughly love and enjoy George Michael's music ... he also became the bridge that has built many of my treasured friendships ... and, do to very personal reasons ~ his music will continue to be a major part of my life. It is a part of who I am. I like to think as we travel in time, we define ourselves and place within our lives what will make us more fulfilled and happy ... and during a time of solitude, bring us peace and joy.
So, my friends ... This is part of who I am ... My spiritual beliefs, The love of my family and friends, my work, and my music. I will not change a thing.
Thank you ~Jules

A month or so ago, I wrote this "note" concerning a friend's dismay regarding my GM statuses ... I wanted to share my thoughts on this subject, just in case ANYONE else had issues with said statuses, as well. APPARENTLY, my note escaped a person, possibly others; as I just received a message asking me "Why I was 'over my head' with a Gay Man." I'm sure most of you know, what my reply would be to that ridiculous question ~ before I bid my farewell.

I AM REPOSTING THIS NOTE ... I STILL STAND STRONG ~ IF NOT STRONGER ~ REGARDING MY FEELINGS ON THIS MATTER. IF ANYONE WITHIN MY FRIEND'S LIST (WHETHER YOU ARE A FAMILY MEMBER OR A FRIEND (PAST AND/OR PRESENT), HARBOR ANY TYPE OF ILL FEELINGS TOWARD MYSELF AS A PERSON; OR MY STATUSES (WHETHER GEORGE RELATED OR THE CAUSES I DEEPLY BELIEVE IN) ... PLEASE, DO BOTH YOU AND I FAVOR AND DELETE ME ! I WILL TRY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR INTOLERANCE. I WILL NOT CHANGE MY LIFE AND HOW I CONDUCT MYSELF ... MY BELIEFS ARE MY PERSONAL CONVICTIONS TO WHO I AM ~ THIS IS MY LIFE ... NOT YOURS.
I WELCOME MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS WITH OPEN ARMS AND WITH AS MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT I CAN OFFER ... HOWEVER, I DO NOT HAVE TIME, 'FOR THE HATERS.'
END OF SUBJECT.
Jules