Sunday 24 October 2010

You Have Been Loved

Blanik Cai


My darling Tiny Tim, it was so hard for me to let you go in the first place, but at the time I honestly thought it was for the best. You were a special little man, the Megaesophagus problem meant you deserved one on one care, a care I felt then you would get better elsewhere. I hope I did right by you Timmy?
I loved the fight in you, I loved your cocky nature and your "look at me" attitude. I was privileged to live with you for only a very short while, but I was there when you came into the world and I was the one who fought for you. I knew you where not ready to go to Rainbow Bridge back then, I could see that in you eyes. You had the devil in you and a huge thirst for life.
I trusted you to a friend, and though I was never privileged enough to see you again, I know she was watching over you for me. I hope you had a happy life in the Derbyshire countryside. I hope you were a good lad, but I hope you never lost the spark that shone brightly in your naughty baby eyes. The day you left I remember so well putting you in the back of the car, and I remember you jumping straight back out to be by my side. How hard it was for me to put you back in the car a second time...but then you just lay there, as if resigned to your fate. I burst into tears as we said our last goodbyes....
Despite all odds my little man made it to double figures, despite all odds my naughty little man made it through life. Sleep tight My darling Timmy Tim Tim!