Saturday 16 October 2010

It Doesn't Really Matter

Mikey After Winning His BOB at Llandudno Today

Asha Won Her Class Too
Relaxing

After Judging - Fun and Frolic


WE got to the show on Saturday at 10am with plenty of time to spare before judging. Had a cuppa, text Steve to say we'd arrived safely, went to the loo and then got the dogs out of the van. Whilst standing nattering in the Leisure Centre, Mark was showing me pictures of his Rough Collie pups on his phone. I decided to show him pics of Kai...but couldn't find my phone. Linda rang it...nothing. I pulled everything out of the bags, emptied my coat...nothing. Since I had 2 dogs I could not retrace my steps so Linda went back to the toilets and Cafe, ringing it all the time....nothing. Then she retraced our steps back across the car park...though the phone was still ringing there was no sign of it! We reported it at the Leisure Centre reception and to the dog show secretary. (Though I have to admit she was very disinterested!)
It was then time for me to go in the ring, I went in with Mikey wearing Asha's number and had to go out to change it. Mikey won his class. I then went in with Asha, still wearing Mikey's number, by this time the ring steward was getting a bit pissed off with me so I told her why I was a little stressed! Anyway Asha won her class and both went to challenge against the Grad winner for Best of Breed. Mikey won it, but I still had Asha's number on which caused more stress.
After the judging I put the dogs away and retraced our steps again, ringing the phone constantly and looking everywhere. The phone was still ringing somewhere but at 1pm ish I gave up and rang Steve on Linda's mobile to say I'd lost my phone. I was tearful and gutted. Yes it's only a phone, but my life is in it...not to mention half naked photos of George!!!
As we went into the cafe Paula was talking on her phone and I heard her say...well talk to the woman who owns the phone! They had gone in for lunch before us and saw a crowd of kids playing with a phone. So she rang my number....and a woman answered it. The woman had found the phone in the car park. Now my phone is in a case with a German Shepherd on it, it was on the floor next to a van with a picture of a German Shepherd on it, in a car park of a venue where there was a dog show...but by now my phone was 30 mins away in her home. She said she had picked it up, gone to the jym and then gone home. She had chosen not to hand it in at reception or at the dog show as "you don't know who to trust do you!!!" I asked if she could bring it back, she said it was not convenient at the time as she had just got home, but would bring it back by 4pm.
I just can't get my head around it, why the bloody hell did she take it home? She said she was going to try and ring "home" on it, but couldn't work out how to use it! When I got the phone back it had 24 missed calls and 5 text messages on it, so George would have probably been singing non stop for most of the time that she had it!
Anyway I guess all's well that ends well and all that...now I have it back...George's nake bottom and all!!!
As soon as I got it back I rang Steve and came face to face with the steward...who probably now thinks I'm a liar!!!