Friday 18 December 2015

Yesterday's Hospital Update And Today


Long long day at Walton Hospital yesterday...my little brain was truly knackered. The flashing lights on the "Janbulance" was broken and we declined Gail's offer of shouting nena nena through the window. We got there with 15 mins to spare to see there was a waiting time of 11 mins, Great news! Having booked in we waited and waited and after an hour I went to ask at the desk. A nurse came over to speak to me and told me that I had been booked in with the wrong consultant, I would get to see someone but it would take a while!! At this point boredom set in and Jan resorted to making loud popping noises with her empty cup whilst Gail giggled and encouraged her! So embarrassed!!! An hour later I was called in. I was shown the scans of my MRI and angiogram and it was confirmed that I will need a further procedure/op in 2 to 3 months to fit a stent near the coiled aneurysm ... Hopefully then it will be "safe" till I'm in my 80ies!!! No I'm not a happy bunny, but I was told about it in September so no shock really, Gwynedd Hospital had left me so long without treatment that it was too dangerous for them to do it then. With the risks involved I will be shitting bricks nearer the time, but needs must I guess!!! We had a fantastic giggle on the way home, I think we may be banned from Maccies!!!!
This morning in wind and rain I was all set to go out with the youngsters. I had almost forgotten an important birthday, after today it would be too late to post. So a quick trip to the post office, Eifionydd Ffarmers and then a visit to Freshfields before a walk in Cwm Dulyn was on the cards. Just as I was leaving the phone rang, the dog food delivery wagon was lost in the village. What? He was delivering today? I was seething and as I ranted, words like they always call a day before hand .. it's not good enough etc ... came the confession .. "they did call yesterday .. I just forgot to tell you." Ahhhh. That left us with 60 bags of food to carry .. not the easiest of jobs with us both a little under the weather. In fairness the driver did help but as he left he lost all his brownie points, firstly he drove into our gate, then reversed backwards to square up the wagon driving off and ripping our post box off the gate. I'll never forget Steve standing there with his left hand on his hip and the mangled, squashed post box in his right hand as the wagon went down the track.  He was not amused and I was doubled up with laughter!
They didn't have a post box in Eifionydd, but I got my bits and pieces and went to see my lovely Scamp at Freshfields. It was great to receive such a welcome, and I guess he was chuffed with his Xmas pressie! It was lovely to see the staff that remain too, and I must admit I stayed longer than planned!
The walk started well, but as I got near to the lake out from the reeds came a sheep with Sammi right on it's tail. I swear if she'd stretched her neck she'd have got hold of it. I screamed "Sammi come, Sammi come!"  OMG .. she bloody came! I couldn't believe it ... she bloody came! I never expected that of her, I praised her, but knowing her as I do popped her on the lead to get away from further temptation. I then thought .. where is Loki? Where he always is ... by my side!
We arrived home windswept and soaked, I dried the two off and opened the door to go through towards the kitchen. Sammi strikes again, she pushed through with me and found herself in the company of daddy Nico and Auntie Jezi .. not her best move! Luckily with only a grumble Steve got Jezi through into the kitchen and I pushed Miss Belle back into the living room. Funny that .. the other girls didn't half grumble at her when she came into the living room. Maybe they felt the need to tell her that she was not suppose to go through to the other pack!
Well that's me done for the day ... time to rest, something I don't do enough of ...... apparently!