Tuesday 29 December 2015

Tia

Things started off badly on the Saturday before Xmas. First thing in the morning there was a pool of diarrhea in the utility room, but with 6 cats we had no idea who'd done it...and then the same thing again on the Monday. But over The Xmas period it became obvious it was Tia having problems, she quickly became incontinent .. sloppy poo everywhere! Since then we've tried to keep her in the utility room, but it's been hard going. She's not ill and wants to come into the living room all the time. We did try with a blanket on one chair but it didn't work. With the vets being closed it's been a long week for her and definitely for us!
I rang the first Vet Surgery at 8.30am this morning to find the receptionist most unhelpful. She told me there were no appointments today or tomorrow, she didn't once ask if there was a serious problem or offer any alternative. I gave up and rang Cibyn and got to speak to bubbly receptionist  Ffion, who offered me an appointment  at 3.30pm .. when I asked if she possibly had something earlier she said, "No Sorry ... but what is the problem with Tia?" I told her and she ask me to hold the line coming back and saying if you come now there may be a bit of a wait .. but we can fit you in at the end of the emergencies! Shoes on and off we went!
I was so grateful they had fitted us in and even more thankful to see Rachel. She gave Tia a B12 injection, oxythingys (you know the yellow ones - like Louis use to have) and panacur for 5 days incase she has picked up a parasite like giardia. We are to give her a week, then get in touch and reassess the situation.
I feel so sorry for poor Tia, and equally sorry for the other cats who's bedding is almost constantly full of shit! My poor washing machine! I do hope that things can be sorted, as this is not a situation anyone could live with long term. Tia is a grumpy vile tempered cat ... but what's important is that she's "our" grumpy vile tempered cat!