Saturday 12 December 2015

Thinking Aloud

Yesterday I had a phone call from Susan, who lost little Seren some months ago. Seren, Asha and Mikey's sister was only 7 years old, what total heartbreak for Susan and her mother Margaret. Susan asked when I was having a litter, and I told her that I imagine it will be 12 months before we mate Sammi. I offered to find her a puppy from a reputable breeder, Susan declined. I also suggested that I could let her know if Nico was used at stud sooner, she thought but again declined. She said that Seren had been such a wonderful girl that they could only think of having another "Blanik!" That is such a huge compliment, and I told her so. Of course no two puppies are the same and the next one could be a nightmare for them, though my memory of a young  Seren was that she was quite the little madam!

So now I have two puppies booked from my next litter, Ro and Mark who have TJ (Ziva and Jezi's sister) are also waiting for a male. Ro's parents had Heidi from our "B" litter of 1997 ... and now Ro wants a "Blanik Jethro!" Honestly it really is a huge compliment when people come back time and time again ... Though it doesn't always go to plan, I must be doing something right eh!
 I'm still looking at males for Sammi.  I'm loving a sable dog called Xaffa and have always wanted a sable, but I can't let myself be influenced by colour alone! There are a few others who come along that are worth a second look but I'm finding it hard finding a dog I like who does not have Saber Vom Steffen Haus in the pedigree. Saber was Kai's grandad and through mating Nico to Ziva I have already doubled up on him .. a stunning dog but a large dog (similar to Kai) and known for producing oversize .. yes it's his fault! lol 

Anyway still top of my list is the lovely Uran, and he does not have Saber in his pedigree. The mating would have a Inbreeding Co-efficient of 5.8% doubling up on Xaro D'ulmental in the 4th generation and Yasko vom Farbenspiel in the 5th.  This mating would also introduce Zamp vom Thermodos into my line. One of the top winning/producing German dogs of modern history, also being the first German owned GSD to win at Crufts in 2008.  Not such a bad thing? Maybe! Anyway it's all ifs and buts isn't it... time will tell, but who ever "he" may be he'll have to be "Special" for my Sammi Belle!