Tuesday 15 December 2015

Those Difficult December Days

With the last anniversary they come to ahead today. This is the most painful of all. This is the one that ripped out my heart, tore it to pieces and finished me off by stamping on it! 
Mostly these days the memories of Louis bring a smile instead of a tear, but not always. As I said three years ago I felt/feel cheated of the years we should have still had together, hell 2 of his brother are still alive today. Not that I begrudge them that of course, it's just ... 
What was it about the "E" litter boys that made them so special. Krizzie's kids ... and their father was Jay, a bloody idiot, a lovable idiot, but still an idiot! Krizzie was amazing, a fun girl, as bright as a button with a wicked sense of humor. She was also the dam of the "F" litter, and though in that litter to Arko she produced lovely conformation, somehow in my eye that "magic" was missing in the males. They were "harder" dogs, where as the "E" litter where loving, just fantastic pet/show dogs. I see it in Tali too, though she does look like Krizzie her character is much harder, more defiant and determined. Thank god she doesn't seem to have produced it in her offspring! 
Simba was from my first litter, Dexi and Seffe's brother .. returned as a three year old as they couldn't control him. He was apparently aggressive with men and would not tolerate other dogs around him. Within a few months Carrie and I took him to Merioneth show, where he mingled with other dogs, a male judge went over him and we ended the day by walking through the agricultural show with him. I was never complacent, and though in the early days we did try and rehome him the right home never came along. So Simba stayed here with us until we lost him at almost 13 years old.
I've tried this year not to dwell too much on the past, I've tried to be more positive in my posts . But we don't forget the ones who have been and gone they have all been such an important part of "Blanik," they have all taught us valuable lessons that makes us better dog people. I have never tried to love some more than others, but it's only natural that some worm their way further into your hearts. Louis was my world .. in him I still truly believe I've had "The dog" in my life time!