Sunday 27 September 2015

Just Saying My Piece!

I read with great interest the results and feed back from The North Wales Alsatian Championship show that was held in Mona yesterday. Only 30 mins away and I didn't go! To be honest had I not been "on holiday" when the entries closed I'm not sure whether I would have entered, or not! I guess if anything I would have given the dog judge a go ... at least his judging is always a lotto, the bitch judge was guaranteed to go the other way .. so to speak! (and oh my God hasn't she caused controversy in her choices!)
People traveled from all over the country to compete, some after seeing the judging in earlier classes put their adult dogs back in the car without exhibiting them. I can almost guarantee on seeing the results that had I entered Sammi Belle, she too would have had a day out without competing. An older adult bitch who won a class has had 3 litters and has a hip score of 80, this in itself proves the kind of exhibitor that was there on the day.(and a tiny tiny bit of research proves the judge would have known this - yeah Ok judge the dog on the day) The bitch had short front legs, a deep heavy body with a dippy back and no doubt a fair bit of pain in her hips! (And god help her progeny!) No, I won't be posting photos, but again a little searching if anyone is interested and photo's are easy to find!
Under normal circumstances I would have been pissed off to miss a day out with friends, but I'm really please I didn't enter it would have been a waste of money and degrading for my beautiful show team. To loose in good company is never an insult, but in my opinion to win at NWA this September was definitely no accolade!