Sunday 20 September 2015

Just My Opinion ... Of Course!!!!

I found this - written a few weeks ago but unpublished - maybe today is the right time to print it! ....... Don't you dare tell me you know how I feel, because believe you me you chuffing well don't! To be honest you haven't got a sodding clue how I feel. You may have experienced loss, you may have been heartbroken with grief, but for one minute you really don't know how I'm feeling right now!
I firmly believe that the pain of loss /grief is individual, like physical pain we all experience it and deal with it differently. Some people have a much higher pain threshold, I believe that is also true of grief. Some people are able to "cope" better than others, not because they don't feel it, oh they do, but because simply they are made that way! Some crumble for days, weeks, before finding the strength to move on and live life again.
I also believe that grief deals you a different blow in individual cases. The circumstances of the loss, your own well being and strength at the time, as well as the strength and support available from others, should you choose to want it of course. The loss of one can not and should not compare to the others, Individuals affect our lives differently and their passing should and does affect us differently. Some leave gaps that are impossible to fill, others for reasons clearer to us later leave us able to move on easier and earlier.
So please, lets not compare our circumstances and don't tell me you know how I'm feeling, and I won't ever patronise you by pretending to know how your feeling in your hour of need.