Sunday 10 February 2013

Meet Isla











Long story cut short ... well short ish! After loosing Riley so young I had no intention of taking on another cat; but a close friend had other ideas and went out of her way to try and find me another grey tabby. She was unsuccessful but when a local farmer took a young Smoke Tabby female to the vets, (Her place of work) she thought there was a chance she could come an live at "Blanik." The cat that is not the friend!!!
The teenage kitten is a gift, but a gift with condition, take her on only if "it's the right thing to do for you, if she will help you heal." During the call there was a lot of tears and apprehension and I didn't come to an instant decision ... I've thought long and hard over the last 24-36 hrs and believe you me I've cried a lot too.
The financial implications did not help. Riley's close on £1,000 vet bill still looms over us. Thank God the vets are willing to accept monthly payments. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but no one could have forseen the outcome with Riley. We had to take the chance, he was just a baby we had to give him the chance of life. I don't regret my decisions, my only regret is that he didn't make it to share a life with us. He touched my heart, took a piece of it with him I guess, but I was privileged to have met him, live with him and love him.
Life is far too short and this little lady needs a home. It may be a little manic at Blanik but we have the space and the love to give, we also have plenty of food on the table and a lonely naughty 3 year old Jamie who needs someone to play with. I look forward to meeting Isla this afternoon and making her part of our family...