Monday 10 December 2012

Patchwork Quilt

 
Riley - I'm Home
Oliver and Ziva investigating the unfamiliar smells
What a shit of a long day ....finally he's home and he doesn't really know what all the fuss is about!! His results will be through before Friday. But at least we found out today that he tested negative for FIV and FeLV which could have been an added complication. Bless him he looks a little like a patchwork quilt. Shaved leg, neck and belly. If you are religious, please pray for my adorable little baby cat.
I fell apart at the vets again, just can't stop crying these days; The loss of Kai and Kiri, Louis being ill, the upset at work and now this. When will it end? Even going to a works party has left me doubting my importance in life and to the people around me, put it this way I've just discovered I must be easily forgotten....moving on ....
2007 was the worst year of my life. In the earlier part of the year (March) Steve suffered an episode of anaphylactic shock and nealy died. He spent weeks recovering had memory loss and even developed a stammer. Then in June we lost Dexi, 3 weeks later in July his litter sister Seffe just collapsed and died. (Ok they were oldies, but it still kills you) In August we lost 6 yr old Jay to bowel cancer and in December 8 yr old Krizzie died when a tumour on her liver burst. I though nothing could compare .. 2012 is getting close!!!
Riley's on my lap as I type, depending on "ifs" and "buts" decisions have been made about his future. Now all i can do is hope that life hasn't decided to punish me any more this year and hope this time next week we'll be looking back with great relief ......