Monday 10 September 2012

Nico At Home

Well so far things are going really well. Nico is full of character, a real happy bunny and so so cuddly. I think he's taken a shine to Jezi, but she is in the early stage of her season so maybe understandable!! We had a reasonably quite night, which I didn't expect, he did say a few words when Steve went to the loo at 5am ish, but only to be expected I guess! If my memory serves me correctly Kai and Jay howled at night for about a week!
Last night Nico met the cats. I knew he had never met cats which is better than having a bad history with them. Anyway Tia taught him a few manners, including "the fire place is all mine!" Valuable lessons learnt I think. Jamie was naughty and hid under the throws pouncing as he went past then rolling on his back ... almost like a kid pulling tongues! Though the other cats treat him as just "another one of those things" Riley is a little spooked at the new smells and sounds.

Last night I had the strangest experience, one which brought me to tears. Whilst in the kitchen Nico stoped and stared at Kai's painting. It wasn't a glance, he stared for about 10 seconds. Gave me the shivers. He did a similar thing with the one of Mikey in the living room, but for only a few seconds. Such a strange thing to do, and one that made me really think.
We've only been out in the field today for excersise, he seemed to love to run, I was worried about his breaks though, came too close a few times! lol
After only 24hrs I agree with his breeder, this a wonderful, happy dog who may not have had the respect, love and care he deserved whilst abroad!!