Wednesday 19 September 2012

Manchester here I come

I can't wait for Friday....
Mikey and Asha -11wks
I'm leaving for Manchester tomorrow evening; I'll be taking my PC with me but may not have time to post whilst I'm there. It feels like a life time since I last saw GM ... it was actually Aug 2008. For the first time ever I left Steve in charge of a litter for 2 nights! I remember the apprehension as I've NEVER left pups in anyones care before, of course they managed perfectly. On my return 7 week old Mikey flew into my arms and I finally had the guts to tell Steve that I was keeping him as well as puppy Gee (Asha). There was no way I could let that boy go, from memory Steve didn't put up a fight at all!
Andhere I go again, full of excitement at the though of seeing my idol live on stage, but full of apprehension at leaving Steve alone with the kids. Every day with Kiri is a bonus, Louis needs extra care and attention, Jezi is just finishing her season, Ziva thinks she's having babies (chocolate ones apparently so she can eat them .. or so she says!) Nico is just learning the ropes, and Riley is a tad demanding. Will I be able to fully relax and forget about them? Will I hell!!! Is Steve likely to cope with any situation that arises? Of course he is, and I know it. But I wouldn't be me if I didn't worry about my family, I wouldn't be me if I wasn't sitting here thinking of all the "ifs and buts" before I go would I?
I guess the only time I will truly relax is when I'm actually at the concert, when I'm under his spell nothing else really does matter ... So I guess just for a while I can be free of my responsibilities and forget the heartache that awaits me, Just this once I can just scream and dream my evening away. (well actually that's not quite true .... I'm going back for more in October!!)