Saturday 12 May 2012

WNC Show Today

I was so proud of Jezi today. At 9 months old it was her first show, not only did she win her class but she also beat her mother in the run off and went Best Of Breed.
We have really only bonded with each other over the last couple of months. To be honest it's been quite hard to get to know our Jezi Baba, but now I feel we are really getting there. I guess her success today is even more special considering she's only been to ring craft twice! (And not since before Xmas) I was expecting a lot from her, and she handled it brilliantly!  
Today I also had the pleasure of seeing little Enya May, she looked lovely and gave me a huge welcome. I was quite choked at the greeting, though her love for owner Gail was obviously enormous and unconditional. Anyway the pups are 9 months today, so I hope tomorrow to publish up to date photos of them all. (apologise for being late)
The lady who had judged GSD's last week was at yesterday's show. I nervously approached her and asked if she would go over Jezi for me. She was very gracious, happy to go over her an gave me a critique. Briefly she thought she was a lovely bitch, but at the end of the day prefers Ziva's head, expression and movement. I can't argue with that! (though if Tish reads this she will...lol) Anyway whatever I'm happy and glad to know they will both appeal, but maybe to different people.
To finish ... considering my past record with this judge, it was a proud day again for The Blanik Show Team in the show ring. It's so great to see the youngsters coming along and making their presences known in the dog show world!