Tuesday 8 May 2012

Danni

Double trouble - Ziva with Danni behind her on Sunday
It was a really hard decision but one that we felt we had to come too. Our feelings had to be of secondary importance and the future safety of the girls was paramount. There is no doubt that Jezi was the original instigator of all the trouble, but by now Danni wasn't able to let it drop either. Luckily as I said earlier Ziva was mostly oblivious to it. There's no doubt Ziva misses Danni; her partner in crime is missing, but maybe Zee and Jezi will get closer now? Huh, No, somehow I don't see that.
The support I have received has been fantastic, mostly people understand that as hard as it was on us, we let Danni go for one reason only, because we loved her. Two bitches who don't get on are a nightmare. We survived it with Kiri, but let's face it she has fought with four generations of bitches here, and I'm damned if she's gonna get hold of Asha! Mind you at her tender age Kiri's own safety would now be the real risk! Kiri has missed out on so much, having to be separated in the home and on walks, we didn't want that for Danni, not when someone else could give her so much more. (Of course we are aware that in the future we may have to face it with Jezi)
Our reasons for picking Danni over Jezi to be re-homed has caused some confusion. No doubt Jezi has the better conformation of the two, but that never came into it,  Danni was always a bit of a favourite here. Even though Danni and Ziva had a strong friendship and could probably have lived happily together forever we felt that due to Danni's character she would be the best to adapt to a new lifestyle. So far our theory is proving to be right....
It's hard to accept that I will probably never see Danni again, unless one day I make my way over to Derby. I hope not to be proved wrong but somehow I doubt this will go wrong for Danni. I have a good feeling about this, though being without her is breaking our hearts I'm sure this is her forever home.
Finally I have to thank a friend who yet again was there when I needed her!
Thank you Claire.