Thursday 16 June 2011

I wish you .... Toothache!!!


Sadly George had to cancel from "The Keep A Child Alive" Charity concert this week. He had talked since the week-end on twitter about the painful infection in his mouth, stating that his face was very swollen and he was experiencing toothache.
But Alicia Keys who was organising the event took umbrage and made a rather inappropriate remark on stage ... "I'm very disappointed that George Michael bailed on us. I think he said he had trouble parking or something." Ok I guess George would have seen the funny side of that, if anyone can laugh at himself, George can. But "Bailed on  Us?" I Think not! Still I was willing to accept that maybe the remark was only an unfortunate turn of phrase on her behalf, well until I read her rant on twitter anyway!!!
Knowing George is a huge philanthropist, (within recent years the only celebrity contributed more to charity than George is Elton John), Alicia has managed to make herself  look foolish and cause a huge amount of backlash. Even on her own site there has been a negative reaction when she publicly twittered last night, "But one question, what kind of person bails on 15million orphans? ......GEORGE MICHAEL." Now that is clearly below the belt, absolutely uncalled for...actually in my opinion she's a disgrace for printing this on a public site! I can understand her disappointment that George was unable to perform, but a private conversation between them should have taken place and not a post on twitter. To be honest she shows a total lack of compassion towards a fellow human being, who was obviously upset enough about missing the concert as it was! Though her post was later deleted, it was too late as fans and press had already read it and shared it all over the Internet.
I guess Alicia has never experience sever dental pain, speaking from experience I can honestly say that it is the worse pain I have ever felt. I really was climbing the walls and could have easily bashed my head against the nearest wall....and no, I'm not exaggerating. Honestly, for me it was the worst pain in the world  and to quote a fellow GMF member. " I've given birth to three children, I have broken bones in my body. Absolutely NOTHING has come close to pain I have experienced with teeth. I wish George a quick recovery. I know first hand how absolutely MISERABLE tooth pain is "
Not that I'm one to hold a grudge, I'm a nice girl really,  but.. Alicia, I now wish you a sever bout of toothache!!! .