Saturday 12 March 2011

Crufts 2011

Mikey and Asha in the morning .
Mikey being assessed by judge Gary Gray


Well Mikey had an excuse for being tired, he'd been in the ring but as for Asha, she'd not been in yet...but well, there you go! And there was a bench each but they choose to share!
Strange day for me really, first of all I must say I really really enjoyed it. Mikey was pulled out about half way in the class but then started to vomit, so I had to take him out. I tried to call out to the judge and steward but no one noticed. The class continued and was over by the time he'd settled again.... no one missed us (lol) But I'm not naive enough to think he'd have got much higher, he defo wasn't what he was looking for!
What peed me off was that no one came to help. I don't mean my friends, they were in the ring or the other side of it. So many people just staring and saying nothing, like it was something that "shouldn't be happening, " but bless him he couldn't help it
Anyway thanks to Heather Corkin who fought her way through the crowds to help me, I may have pooh bags in my pocket but not kitchen roll!!!
Asha and Sarah did well. They were shortlisted, but not placed in the largest class of the day. (19- prob some absent but I've not looked) From what I could see Asha looked well and moved out really well. Thank you Sarah. (wish I'd put her in limit now!!!)
Well done to all my mates who had a successful day and it's FANTASTIC that the awesome Elmo went on to win the group!