Sunday 14 February 2010

A Different Corner


For what's the use in pressing palms
When children fade in mother's arms
It's a cruel world
We've so much to loose
And what we have to learn, we rarely choose.....

I hate your homophobic attitude and your racist tendencies. Separatism, and living your life being judgmental of others lives will surely be your downfall. I hate the way you feel you have the right to comment and ridicule, if it's not yours then it's not worth worrying about. You and yours are of course perfect, as they should be in your eyes....I suppose. But what about me and mine? And what about the people you choose to ridicule? Do you think everyone chooses the path they walk through life? Maybe we can choose to turn "A Different Corner" but can we ever really fight who we are destine to be? Many a life has been wasted when a person fights his true self to fit in, to conform to so-called normality. It's not just themselves they are lying too, the people they love and who love them will also suffer. But how can they be true to themselves when they are faced with your attitude, and the attitude of like minded blinkered people? How can they ever be who they are when so many of you out there hate them for what they are and not who they are? And this of course without knowing them as individuals.
I believe in a free society, that people should live their lives the way they choose. As long as they do no harm to others then give them the "Freedom" to be themselves. Think before you speak, don't send someone home crying because of your insensitivity, lack of understanding and knowledge. Don't quote the Bible to me, it has no influence in my life, I choose compassion and love over war and religion any day. But of course if the book gives you comfort then so be it, as long as you see beyond the pages and into the real world. One thought as I finish, which maybe is more apt to you than me...but think about it ... there but for the grace of God go I!