Monday 22 June 2015

To Quote David Essex From 1985

"Hell I Am In Hell!"
Yesterday's walks were very easy and very pleasant. Though I did have to go three times and then take Jezi around the field. Having a bitch from each pack in season is quite hard work. Thank god we got the kennels sorted for the builders, they are a great help to us now. (now I have an image of the builders locked in the kennels .. lol... well I know what I was trying to say!) Anyway on the walk I did stumble on rough ground and felt a muscle twinge in my lower back, unfortunately in the same place as I'd had a lot of bother with over Xmas. I thought very little of it and continued on my walk. By the evening it was starting to bother me, and now I'm really struggling. I think what made it worse was that Steve woke me up not long after we had gone to bed to say Nico was whingeing. Woken from a deep sleep I jumped up and then froze with the pain ...
Finlay, Nico and Jezi - always together
So let's start with Nico .. Jezi is in season, and that causing him great frustration. He just wouldn't settle last night and was thrashing around in his crate screaming. I got up twice and threatened him with castration, but to no avail. To be honest I'm more worried about the dog being stressed and the risk of torsion than I am about lack of sleep. As I said I fell asleep, but the noise continued, and Steve woke me up. I decided to put Finlay in the living room and bring Nico to the bedroom. After a few false starts he did settle, but now I was in pain and couldn't sleep so I got up to take pain killers and make myself a hot water bottle and Nico decided he'd come with me to help! Eventually we all got some sleep.
Loki and Mikey
So Jezi and Sammi are in the kennels this morning. Sammi has decided that her mother and Auntie Danni are right and that Jezi is not someone to try and get on with. She's been snarling and growling at her. Why? I've no idea, there has never been a problem between them before! Though they don't really interact at home they were at a show together only a few weeks ago, but now I wouldn't put them anywhere near each other, and to be fair it is Sammi being a cow! Maybe it's all hormonal?
Loki is in love with Sammi, but being good and eating his food. Mikey on the other hand is doing what he always does when we have a bitch in season and throwing his bowl of food. He really annoys me, if you don't want it, just leave it, Oh no, the food, bowl and all get's thrown in whatever direction takes his fancy! Asha is usually quite pleased to help clear the mess, but Ziva is not interested in his sexual advances and is telling him plainly and clearly to bog off! Anyway back to Loki, I have had to make a vet appointment for him this afternoon. On Saturday I collected ear cleaner for him, his ears where mucky, but not red, sore or really bothering him. After putting the stuff in over the weekend his ears a red and obviously sore as he's shaking his head ... poor little legs hasn't been to the vets since he had his jabs.
Ziva and Sammi 
I have two shows coming up this week. Cheshire Counties and Blackpool Ch show. Sammi is entered at both .. and yes will be going! I've never shown a bitch in season before, but there is no rule that says you can't and every other bugger does so sod it. I've paid a lot of money to enter her so if I'm going she's going! But then comes the next problem, Mark's not sure he can make it to Cheshire and is definitely not doing Blackpool. Unless I feel a lot better I would never be able to handle all three, so without him there is no point in going to Cheshire! I was at my wit's end about Blackpool too, but luckily last night I got sorted, a Champ show and no handler these days is a waste of time. I message Nico's breeder and she offered to take Sammi in for me, as well as that she organised a handler for Nico for me .. a great weight off my mind.
So now the builders are here again, well I guess these guys are checking on the work done outside. 9 dogs are barking, 4 cats have left home and Jamie and Tia are sleeping through it all... "Hell I am in hell, hell burns dreams hell I am in hell ......." from the stage show Mutiny which I had the pleasure of seeing with David Essex and  Frank Finlay in 1985/6!