Saturday 20 June 2015

The Old Man

Finlay 
Finlay isn't doing too great at the moment. We had a spell last week where he was sick three nights in a row and then he went off his food. Just as we thought he needs to see a vet he started eating again. But recently something is different, he's off his food and generally eats one of his two meals a day. As he hasn't been eating as well for quite a while he's lost some weight, (which isn't a bad thing!)  and he seems to prefers to go to bed than be with the others. As he's quite full of himself in the field I'm not sitting here thinking "OMG he needs a vet." But I sadly do feel that now he's become an old dog who needs some extra TLC. So my first plan of action has come into force today, I've bought some Butches Tripe to mix into his food. Not something I would recommend with a young healthy dog, but something I also did with Kiri as she was getting older. Sometimes with oldies rules need to be broken don't they!
Tali
I do hate to see them getting old. The breed average lifespan is 9 and a half, scary really when Finlay is a minimum of 12 years and Tali is 10 and a half. Shit, Asha and Mikey will be 7 yrs next month ... and that makes them veterans! Though it is on my mind I will not be dwelling on it ... over the years I have learned to enjoy everyday with them. Life is too precious to worry about what will or may happen, We just have to deal with that when or if it does happen!