Tuesday 9 June 2015

Speechless

It doesn't happen often but this e.mail has left me Speechless ... well for a bit anyway!!!
"Hi, Wondering if you would be interested in studding your dog out to a cross breed? I have a husky/alsation (father) and Springer spaniel (mother) cross. Thank you,"
OMG what are people thinking? The world is already over populated with dogs, the rescue centres are full of unwanted pets. Why is it so fashionable to breed crossbreeds/mongrels, give them a silly name and sell them for a fortune? It's all got to be about money! I have a crisis of conscience when I breed a litter, and I'm very particular who uses Nico at stud. I've turned down two bitches this year already, that could have been £600 in my pocket and no responsibilities for the puppies produced. But anyone who knows me knows that for me it doesn't work that way .... 
 Yeah - gobsmacked and I haven't replied, yet!!!