Tuesday 18 February 2014

Bye Bye Baby

Friday 14:2:14
In horrendous weather the little people where piled into the van and taken for their first trip out to the vets. All went well, 6 confident babies health tested, Microchipped and had their first Vaccs. Not a bit of fuss from anyone they happily chomped on their biscuits! 
Saturday 15:2:14
When I woke up on Saturday I said to Steve, “Maybe if I don’t get up, today won’t happen!”  “How childish,” was his remark, but the day I had been dreading had arrived far too soon.
Holly was the first to go. Nigel and Ed had stayed the night at Chester to break on their long journey. Holly greeted them with enthusiasm and her long journey South soon began. Though I cried I have no worries about her future, lovely family with super kids who will give her the life she truly deserves. Holly will now be Bonnie.
Loosing one a day is bad but Saturday was a double whammy, Claire and Simon arrived at lunch time to pick up my Noel. I will be seeing Noel at shows, but that was of little comfort as my special little man set off on a 4+ hour journey down to South Wales. As I watched from the window I saw the van drive out of Fron, I’ve never come so close to chasing after someone and demand to have my puppy back. The ache in my heart was just too much and I fell apart. No doubts, lovely people, great home …. But how I wished he could have been mine. Noel now has the far better name of Barney.
I so appreciated the text messages that were sent from both sets of people on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Your lovely words gave me great comfort.

Sunday 16:2:14
Sunday morning, and to be honest I was feeling better about it all. Jingle was off to Manchester and seeing young Madison’s face when she saw her puppy absolutely made my day. It was instant love and I hope the bond between them grows and thrives. I still failed to go out past the first gate as they left and toddled back into the house to lick my wounds! Jingle now christened Luna had a good first night sleeping in her crate in her young owners room. Again, thank you Lisa for the text!
Monday 17:2:14


Yesterday it was big Nick’s day to fly the nest. The boy was only travelling 20 mins to his new home and it was lovely to see Arthur as enthusiastic as he had been the day he first met the adult dogs. I’m sure Nick will be a fun kind of guy, he has always reminded me of Kai and if he’s half the dog then he’ll be a super star! Nick new name is Cal.
Little Ivy, now Stella is here for another 3 weeks. To be honest I’m glad, the house would be so empty without her… though getting Steve to give her up after another 3 weeks may be a hell of a job! Don’t worry David, I’ll make sure you get your puppy.
I feel I have been worse this time than ever before. I’ve enjoyed this litter so much, they have truly pulled at my heart strings. I didn’t want to let them go but know without any doubt that I have done the right thing by them. I have given them the best I could whilst they were here and I hope I have found them the best homes that I could.