Sunday 2 February 2014

A Puppy Called Sammi

Playing with granny Asha's precious ball
Anyone who cared to listen knew that when I mated Nico to Ziva I had my heart set on a puppy dog. I could think of nothing better than having a baby Nico running around the house and to take with me  to shows. I imagined what he would look like and even had a name in mind, but things never go to plan do they?
As the pups became mobile and started developing a personality one puppy started catching my eye. She, yes "she", seemed to ooze personality and charm. She started playing with my emotions and made me think of previous puppies who had charmed me in this way ... strangely they were both male. (Louis and Mikey) I tried to dissociate myself from her a little, after all I needed to do what was right for the future of "Blanik" and not just for me.
I always try not to look for the "show dog" too early, I know too well how much they can change in these early weeks, but damn it I couldn't help myself. And you know what, there "she" was again ... this time standing out in very strong company.
So the decision is made? Well maybe not for all the right reasons but I guess so, this little lady has stolen my heart. But with both standard coat bitches being so lovely, true to form as ever I'm cautious. Before committing I will sit on the fence for yet another few days, though  to be honest I can't see how I can ever let this little one go.
And her name? Well as you know it was going to be Isis, (after the goddess of Magic - the most powerful goddess of them all) but Steve wants to call her Sammi, and you know what? I like it ... and somehow it suites her better!