Friday 26 October 2012

Louis

Sadly it was not a great check-up for Louis at the vets today. I wasn't shocked to find out that he's still loosing weight. He now weights a scary 24.4kg, so two thirds of his normal weight. I really am at my wits end, there simply is no answer, all we can do is take it day by day. The three of us fully agree to keep him on 10mg of preds a day. Though I fully understand the implications of having him on this dose of  steroids I feel there is no answer so quality of life is paramount.
Louis eats reasonably well, missing just the odd meal. He's now on a fish and potato based dog food and his stools are often firm on this food, though I do wonder just how much he "gets" from his food these days. Still there is no way I'm giving up. Whilst Louis' quality of life is good and he remains playful and funny then sod the inconveniences ...we will continue to fight for him.