Sunday 4 September 2011

One Welly Walk!!!

My three boys....and Tali!!!
Because all the cattle are on the common land around the property I currently have to load the dogs into the van and drive somewhere to walk them. To be honest I'm far to shit scared to attempt walking anywhere near those cows.
This morning I set off with Louis, Mikey, Tali and Finlay. I arrived in the lay by and went to change my footwear, only to find only one of my wellies was in the welly bag! (By now I know the other is in the cattery at work....best you don't ask!) So with jeans tucked into my socks and in my croc slippers I decided as I was there I'd still do my walk. As it's a single track road I had parked really close to the

Sexy Louis

wall with the intention of climbing out through the passengers side, only then did I realise that I would have to get Finlay and Louis out through the passenger side door of the van. Bad move, my work stuff, clothes, leads etc are all in a box on that side. But hell they have both done their K.C.G.C.D.S, they'll wait...They didn't!!!! The box and all it's contents flew across the track. So there I was , in croc slippers, with my jeans tucked into my socks picking up my stuff out of the puddles, cursing and swearing with my veteran dogs running round and round splashing me in muddy water when I heard a sound. Yep, you've guessed it, a man stood leaning against a gate was watching me...I could have died. Bet he thought I'd run off from somewhere!
Eventually with everything sorted I walked off towards the lake taking the first path down as it's less steep...after all who knows what the grip is like on croc slippers? I can't imagine them being recommended waling attire, can you?
The view was fantastic, the heather in full bloom and my three dogs where having the time of their lives...hang on THREE? THREE? TALI ... WHERE THE BLOODY HELL ARE YOU? Her head pops out of the dirties, smelliest ditch she could find! Ah well what can I say? I guess all's well that ends well! Don't you just love em!