Saturday 18 February 2012

The Week That Was....Maybe Best Forgotten?

Kai
Sausages with your eggs?
Well I guess it's been a strange old week really, certainly a very emotional one. The dogs are causing chaos, and no, not just the pups! Half a dozen eggs smashed on the kitchen floor, 3 frozen onion rings vanished into thin air, and I only popped out of the kitchen to get my mobile phone .... There was only one dog left in the room. Kai's pleading his innocence and screaming .."It's a set up, I was framed!" Me thinks not!
Mikey, Finlay and Louis
Louis' in love with Asha, though she is close to being in season, she's not so this is causing tension between Louis and Mikey. Mikey himself has taken to standing staring into the run when his dad is in the kennels. This drives Kai mental and the noise is unbearable. Finlay is as ever oblivious to it all!
Tali really lost her temper with Ziva, she has a small puncture wound on her head, one in her ear and one on her cheek. Ziva's crime, she was tormenting Mikey, and no one torments Tali's precious son and gets away with it!
This morning Ziva and Danni managed to escape from the top field and were out on the track. I was at work and Steve was in the living room. Luckily Mikey came into the house and his worried expression raised the alarm. No harm done, just maybe now a little less trust.
Asha, Tali, Ziva and Jezi
As has become a regular occurrence recently I came home from Ring Craft on Thursday and burst into tears. Ziva's refusing point blank to let anyone go over her. A catalogue of events has really freaked her  and though she loves the moving around she is very on edge and unhappy in the hall.  She's backing away from anyone and everyone who tries to go over her, behaving as if she is scared of her own shadow. This is most certainly not the dog I know, love and live with. I'm at a loss as to how to deal with it, I've never been in a position of having a dog that appears nervous or shy in this environment before so this is a whole new ball game for me. I guess the fact that I'm worried about it will now be going down the lead to her too, so making this all one big vicious circle. I had hoped it was a phase and that she would forget and just out grow it, sadly it seems I was wrong!
Danni
Then there's Danni ears, well they went back up, you all saw the photos. But sadly they went up for a day and a half and then nothing! I was always led to believe that ears that went up before teething would always go back up, and Danni's ears were up for at least 2 weeks, maybe even 3 weeks in Nov/Dec... so again I was wrong. There are real lessons being learnt with this litter. Though I do believe that the reasons we are having difficulties on both accounts are environmental and not hereditary. All the other puppies have their ears up, and not a one has character issues, which leads me nicely to Jezi....
Well I have to be honest Jezi is better, though she still has her "moments" we have had less fights the last month or so. Though her ability to go from 0 to 10 in seconds scares me. The other two luckily are now more apt to avoid or try and get away, but obviously neither will back down if she goes in hell for leather. Jezi is still totally respectful of us and the adults within her pack.
I know that maybe my problems are very insignificant in comparison to what is going on in other peoples lives, but to me they are heartbreaking. Coupled of course with the continuous difficulties of everyday life these issues have escalated to crisis point for me. Help has come from a couple of unexpected places. I was very surprised and quite touched with the offers and I will be taking the course of actions you suggested on both counts. If you read this thank you, it means a lot...
... Moving on, nothing really changes. God, I love all my dogs!
Anyway, My friend Geri had seen elsewhere that I was tearful and feeling low this week. Though I know things are not good for her at the moment, she still thought about me and took time to post a picture on my facebook timeline. Knowing me as well as she does and being on the same wavelength she knew I would REALLY appreciate the photo. Cheers Geri, and yes it did make me smile, but it didn't help me sleep!!! :)