Saturday 2 July 2011

In It To Win It!

Mikey BOB at Vale Of Clwyd
Strange old day really, we knew we were only going to support the show as winning was inevitable...unless the prize was withheld I suppose. New Venue, gorgeous sunny day, great dogs, great friends, lovely food but the day almost ruined by someone who took a nasty fall and decided to blame it on Mikey! Well I'm honest, Mikey did get in the way, but she shouldn't have been running behind us...and so close! All Mikey did was cross over behind me and sadly she went flying. I'm truly sorry she fell and hurt her hand, but let's face it she shouldn't have been running outside the ring, isn't it against K.C rules?
Tali, looking for her son!!!
Anyway I apologised to her several times, feeling awful that she had fallen over my dog. I guess I thought it was over until I heard the story being repeated, apparently Mikey had "lunged" out at her dog!!  ER...NO...Mikey simply got in the bloody way! By late morning the story amongst Border Collie enthusiasts was that he had barked at the other dog as well...BLOODY HELL..... NO!!! Poor Mikey simply moved into the wrong place at the wrong time, and was actually lucky not to get hurt himself!!! I can't believe how a small incident was exaggerated like that, just completely blown out of proportion. There's now more than one person a little hurt because actually I'm devastated that some people who didn't see the incident will believe that Mikey actually did lunge out and bark at the other dog, when simply like I said all he did was get in the bloody way!