Tuesday 29 June 2010

A Ray Of Sunshine

Blackpool Ch. Show 2010
Blanik Georgette- Asha

Go Asha Go

Stunning-even without her coat
Blanik Georgios - Mikey

Walking up and down

Mikey standing for the judge
Blanik Frankie -Tali
Go On Tali, show them how it's done...maybe not!!!

Ok That's better!!!


We got to Blackpool for the Champ show early on Sunday, we where there before 8am and managed to get a parking place pretty close to the show rings themselvs. Before 9am we had exercised the dogs and they where very comfortable in the van with 3 doors open and water in every cage. As we got back to the ring there was an announcement that all dogs must be removed from vehicles. People started to talk, surely they meant cars? Then came the second announcement, exhibitors where to remove all dogs to from vehicles or they would be forcibly removed and exhibitors would be reported to the K.C. Worried I decided to go to the secretary and ask...I described my van and told her how cool it was in there, but she said yes, you must remove them or they will be removed! The whole situation was crazy, the three dogs had to stand in the baking heat all day when it was lovely and cool in the van. We tried our best, a friend lent us a brolly and I tied that to the chair to get some shade. We had a water spray and a wet towel, but the whole situation was just so stupid. When we returned to the van at 1.45pm it was so cool in there, even my drink in the door was cold enough to drink. There was a lovely breeze flowing through and the dogs where desperate to get back in. I really think that the show society showed a lack of common sense. Of course no one would leave dogs in cars, unless the back was open, but people buy these vans and kit them out ready for days like yesterday with the comfort and safety of the dogs in mind.
Mikey's class, well what can I say? I love him to bits but I'm not blinkered and that's the way it is. They boy did nothing wrong but I feel he was out classed on the day.
Tali was robbed, she didn't deserve to be last! I know she's carrying a bit of weight and her boobies are a little large at the moment...but in her/my defense she's only just finished a course of preds as she's reacting to the grass seeds and she only sold her babies last week...lol Anyway hopefully she'll get her figure back by WKC.
Asha bash did well. Shame it was such a small lass, but that's the way it is. She still has some coat, but she's lost loads. I'm proud of her and though I expected nothing in the challenge I was proud to see her there. Thank you Sarah for all your hard work...and thank you for the compliments about her, it honestly means a lot.
All in all I think we had a lovely day. Speaking personally, I feel I have a great bunch of friends, love you all lots. The fun we have at the shows is what make the days complete....