Sunday 20 June 2010

Easier Affair





I'm not "that" strange...am I? I've been deep in thought about this today, is it me...or is it them? I like most people, I don't make judgments on people, be it colour, sexuality, waistline, clothes or religion... Ok maybe I have to confess religion is a bit of a touchy subject with me, because I usually find religion comes without compassion. Religious people often say they right thing, but usually lack any true feeling, as long as they are seen to be doing the right thing....
Isn't it wrong to judge others on their lives without first walking a mile in their shoes?
Generally I like everyone, until they do something wrong by me or those precious to me. I don't hate easily, though I do hate Jeremy Clarkson with a passion!!! Lol I tend to believe that people have a right to their own opinion, but not when they are obviously wrong of course. Like the racists and the homophobic's who can't see for looking, people like that have been the cause so many wars over the years. It sickens me to the pit of my stomach that someone could be hated for no relevant reasons. I won't make judgements because someone is different, I will always choose to get to know someone before making my mind up about them.
Just this week I drove home from somewhere thinking, "they have been laughing at me behind my back..if not they have obviously discussed me ." Yeah my obsessions, my idiosyncrasies may cause people to talk and judge me. But they do me no harm, and really shouldn't affect anyone else's life, should they? They don't understand what it means to me to be able to escape to a fantasy world, but really do I care? (Maybe!) Though I'm not too proud to say that I drove home with a lump in my throat that day thinking "Why?" Sensitive people should realise they are not the only ones who can be hurt by words, they are not the only ones who escalate the days events in their mind. And these people are the ones who maybe should know better, but hell anything to look good, even at the expense of others close to them!
My house my not be shiny and spotless, but it's a home full of life and love and mostly a happy place, it's where I choose to be. I've seen pain these last few weeks, the death of a loved one is crippling but it's time for us to smile at the memory and try to move on. For sure life is too short not too be able to escape from the heartache, life is too short not to have an escapism.
So am I the strange one here? No, I don't think so really....do you?

And I'm dancing with the freaks now
I'm havin', I'm havin' so much fun, in here
What you sow is what you reap now
I'll do my dance with everyone

Well, let me tell you people, it's an easier affair
Not living my life with other people on my mind
No, got nothing to hide from anyone

Yes, I'm walking on new air just living my life
Better believe, I'm gonna get what's mine
See, I don't have the time for the haters