Monday 7 June 2010

Cars and Trains

" Hello, You Have Reached The After Life Message Centre
The God You Are Trying To Reach Is Unavailable To Take You Call!!!"
*****
"I said Jesus, Mary, and the Saints above,
Won't you show him love?"
*****

Well I went, I dealt with it but it was hard. I so didn't want to go but to have not gone would have been the cowards way out, and that could have been so easy today, to put me first. Knowing what I know also made it harder. I wish I hadn't been told as it weighed so heavily on my shoulders. I wanted to scream it out loud, to tell him, "listen mate this is how it is.... " But it's not my place to do that, is it?
I was glad to get out of there. I blasted my brains on Patience on the way home, though maybe the Lyrics of "Cars And Trains" where not really apt for my frame of mind. I was glad to be able to switch off, to forget momentarily what I'd seen and what I know. Thank god for my ability to escape, thank god for my escapism.
It really does and has put it all into prospective for me now!