I've entered Zavi at his first show, it's a baby puppy S/C class at a Regional. As I've said before, they are really not my scene; they are like the RKC Breed Champ Shows that I started to attend in the 90ies. Following the implementation of RKC rules, the RKC shows are calmer now, though sadly with not even half the entries of 20 years ago. It's not just GSD shows that are suffering; dog shows in general are now very low in entries.
I much prefer the calmer, but quicker judging of general champ shows. Depending on the judge of course. I sometimes think regionals are like watching paint dry. Mind you, it took one judge 7 hrs to judge 52 dogs at a breed champ show last month, I think I'd have given up the ghost. I'd expect 52 dogs to be judged in about 3 hrs.I've basically entered Zavi at this show just for the experience; it will be loud and hopefully busy there. I would never discount showing him at Regionals, I'll have to see where he fits in best. My hope would be that I could do a bit of everything with him, but my preference is to spend time with my bunch of friends at my kind of shows. We are a close-knit group who support each other and just have the best time. A couple of my "champ show" buddies are going to join us at the regional; just a shame it's so far or we could all have gone!
As you can see, Zavi's head is looking better again, but now we have a severe left ear malfunction 😁 ... seriously no, I'm not worried! His coat is coming through beautifully, and I'm sure by the time of the regional that he'll look pretty decent! (No, I won't be going with expectations, especially knowing which litter will be just a week short of 6 months and who will probably be handling them.)
.jpg)
